Health & Wellness
Since 1996, the Health & Wellness Program has been helping to improve the health and well-being of people 60 and older through chronic-disease self-management programs, fall-prevention workshops, continuing exercise classes for people of all fitness levels, walking clubs, educational presentations and much more! There is no fee for these sessions.
People of all fitness levels are invited to join our on-going exercise classes and walking clubs. Our motto is fun, fitness and fellowship!
We host evidence-based programs throughout the year at various community locations:
• Healthy Steps for Older Adults, designed by the University of California at Berkeley for the Pennsylvania Department of Aging and presented by certified instructors, is designed to reduce your risk of falling through a personal risk assessment, home safety checklist, and exercise for strength and balance.
• Healthy Steps in Motion, taught by certified instructors, is a fall-prevention exercise program that will build strength, improve balance and increase flexibility.
• Living a Healthy Life, originally designed by Stanford University and presented by certified instructors, works with people with chronic conditions, their families and caregivers to reduce days in the hospital and increase days of “feeling good” through small lifestyle changes and positive self-management techniques.
• Healthier Living with Diabetes, originally developed by Stanford University, introduces skills to better manage the day-to-day symptoms of Type II diabetes, such as low and high blood sugar, tiredness, pain and emotional issues. The program is led by certified instructors.
• Walk With Ease, developed by the Arthritis Foundation, is a walking program designed to improve walking pace, balance, strength and flexibility in a safe manner. It can aid in reducing the pain and discomfort of arthritis.
Through our Health & Wellness Program, we want you to have fun, be active—and live a healthy life!
Testimonial from Judy Bush, participant in Living a Healthy Life program
“Thank you for doing this class! It motivated me to do and have a healthy lifestyle. Every session was very informative and I looked forward to finding out what would be discussed in the next session.”